Abstract flower embroidery design inspired by my sister-in-law’s skirt is new and improved
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
You might recall a few months ago when I digitized an abstract flower based on a design in my sister-in-law’s dress. I personally think this is a really cool design, but after stitching out my first attempt, I knew it was not ready for prime time.
The problem with this design was that I didn’t digitize it very strategically. The order in which items were stitched out and the starting points for stitching of each piece were completely random. There was a connector string between each of the thirty-six elements in the wreath – for God’s sake! This made for tons of clipping tiny connector strings. Very time consuming!
This week I finally got around to making some edits to the file. Now the order of stitching is much more strategic, hiding most of the connector strings under runs of satin stitching. To be sure – I stitched out the revised design, and oh-my-Lord what a difference it makes!
Now that I’m feeling good about this design, I listed it in two sizes on my Etsy store so that you all can enjoy it as well. I can envision this design being stitched out in bright colors around the hem of a black skirt and looking super cute. (If you give this a try – I would love to see a picture. hint, hint) My plan for this design is to use it as a decorative element on the bottom of a skirt – but in a solid color that will bring out a color in the skirt fabric. I actually have a pretty solid plan in mind… but I will save the reveal for a future post. (I know, I know… you can hardly stand it. ha)