Abstract flower machine embroidery design inspired by my sister-in-law’s dress
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
A couple of years ago I admired my sister-in-law’s dress and thought it would be really cool to try to digitize some of the shapes that are embroidered on the bottom of her dress. Well – my skill are now finally up-to-par to take on the challenge.
I scanned her dress and have had the image on my desktop now for quite a while. I trimmed out a sample of the image and then imported into my Artista software.
It was actually pretty easy to digitize. I used the block digitizing tools to create the petal, then the wreath tool to copy it around the center axis, and then finally the oval tool to make all the circles. Pretty simple.
It stitched out fine – but I made two modifications after I saw the first draft of the stitching. 1) I changed the stitch density to .4. (My software defaults to .45 – don’t know why). I also created a running stitch underneath the larger center circle. This – I figure will keep the fabric from puckering.
Hope you all like it!