Last week I digitized a design of a baseball and test stitched it out. My intention was to stitch it on a t-shirt for my daughter’s little sporty friend, Stella. But, before doing so, I added her name in a sans serif typeface (Gill Sans) on a curve underneath the baseball design. I also scaled down the baseball appliqué design to about 3″ x 3″.
The resulting t-shirt turned out well. No puckering or accidentally pulling the shirt into the stitching. I especially like the grey and red color combination. I hope she likes it!
My crazy dress-wearing little daughter (yes she is crazy and so are the dresses she wears) has a great friend, Stella, who would never dream of wearing a dress. Stella is a sporty little gal. She loves baseball and the St. Louis Cardinals more than anything in the world. So… being that it is her birthday this week, I thought of making her a custom personalized t-shirt with a baseball theme.
I haven’t finished the shirt yet, however, I did digitize the baseball appliqué that will be the central element of the design. The design is a standard machine appliqué design with some top-stitching on top of the appliqué done as triple stitch.
I stitched out this design without any appliqué fabric and I think it turned out well. Once I make the shirt – I will definitely add Stella’s name in the final t-shirt but I’m pretty excited about this new design. Let me know what you think.